Thursday, November 8, 2007

~THAT FACE~


We call it the "concentrate" face. It is the face that Kenny and I just can't get enough of. It is simply amazing to see your own child learning something, being smart and growing up. We see this face a lot during "project time" when we work on workbooks or art projects during the day. We see this face during story time when Lincoln is simply working the story out in his mind, and we see it when he is just starting to understand something that he never understood before - like how applesauce is squished apples. But today the "concentrate" face was for our after nap play time when we colored for hours. He worked so hard to make sure to stay in the lines and to make sure he got the colors matched just right on the cars. I just adore that face and hope that he keeps that verve for learning and growing!


KEEP ON CONCENTRATING LINK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this face. He is so smart and I love watching him learn. It's so fun.

Alicia said...

I can't wait to see your boys when we visit this spring! What cuties.

Heather said...

Your boys are SO smart! His little concentration face is really cute!
I was in Relief Society last week and this girl who is a first grade teacher made a comment and said that it is SOO apparent when parents take the time to teach their children at home, because it is irreplacable. It is also SOO extremely easy to notice the kids who haven't been taught at home. As much as they can teach them in the schools, the stuff they learn at home is so important and irreplaceable. I thought of you because I'm really impressed how much you've taught Lincoln and he's still so young, but he knows SOO much! I want to be like that. Thanks!