Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Three Corns...


In my house growing up at Thanksgiving dinner each year we were given three candy corns. We went around the table and each listed three things that we were most thankful for that year. We have all moved so far away and so far apart from each other that it sometimes seems strange not to see other family for Thanksgiving, so in an effort to remember my family today I wanted to share my three corns with them.

1~ I am so grateful for a wonderful family. My little family of four and my really big extended family also. I have been so very blessed with two amazing little boys and one beyond-wonderful husband. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knows me and has sent me such wonderful people to learn and grow from, and to be supported by every day.

2~ I am grateful for the atonement that allows me to change and try each day to become better. Most especially I am grateful that the atonement allows for me to live with my family forever someday. Knowing why we are here and that we are striving for eternity makes every possible trial in this life worthwhile.

3~ It is so hard to choose just three but, I think this year especially I am grateful to be healthy and to have a new little boy who is practically perfect in every way. He is such a joyful, perfect, and beautiful addition to our family and I am so blessed to be able to watch him learn and grow every single day. I will never stop marveling at the wonder in a baby's eyes and at the perfect creation that is my responsibility.

Mom - thank you for such wonderful traditions that we can all carry with us even when we cannot be home. I miss you all!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I must admit, it was a little strange doing our 3 corns today with only 4 people there!! The food was still hot after it though! Anyway, we wish we could've been there today with you guys! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, The Mildensteins -heather & matt

Heather said...

P.S. GREAT corn photo!

Matt said...

I like the festive post...however, the song that is playing is called "Prayer of Thanksgiving" I believe. Hope you guys had a great day, we sure missed you.

Alicia said...

I'm so glad to see you posted your three corns too! I wish we could have been together today. We sure love you guys. And that candy corn picture is fabulous...did you take it?

Rachel EM said...

My three corns are posted on my site too! Mom said you did the whole schpeal this year--the bird and everything. Great job! I'm proud of you!