
For the next three days straight we talked of nothing else but a lemonade stand. I must admit I was less than enthusiastic about the whole thing, partially because I didn't want him to get disappointed.

We had a ton of fun preparing the signs, counting change, and taste testing of course.

Kudos to the people in our neighborhood, because Lincoln did 5000 times better than I thought he would. And he was super cute and really good at it too.

The next day was spent counting and recounting and calculating (super summer math project). And he did it over and over again. Counting, sorting, etc.
I didn't think he would be so persistent. Now, we have chores that are required of each of our boys, just to be a contributing member of our family, but then there are extras they can do if they so desire. Up to this point, no one has wanted to do any of these extras. When I happened to mention mowing the lawn (which also requires cleaning up after the dog), Lincoln was all about it!

It was so cute to watch daddy teach him how to use his muscles and to see how hard he was really working. He did amazing! Well worth the money I spent on it. :)

Of course after patiently awaiting our next trip to the store... He was able to reap the rewards of all that hard work. All in all a great lesson in hard work and persistence...as well as a great lesson in tithing too!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
Remind me to tell you about Ben's experience with earning his own money. :) Totally worth the experience.
Post a Comment