Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Light


Alicia - I have thought for months and months of what would be the most meaningful thing I could send to you to let you know we were thinking of you and your little family. I know your heart must be so full and I am so amazed that in a time of such reflection and possible sorrow, that your heart is open to lifting another and seeking out those who also are in need of joy.

So, in honor of you, and of Lucy, tomorrow we will be taking a beautiful Christmas tree to the local hospital NICU. It will be simple and sweet and full of beautiful light, just like Lucy.

We love you!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Melissa, that is the best present I could have ever asked for! And there I go on the phone rambling on about the tree we gave away....while you were doing to the same thing! Lucy would have loved it, Melissa. Thank you so much.

Rachel EM said...

"Sweet and full of beautiful light, just like Lucy." : )