Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the Down Low

It is Wednesday morning and

.......with one beloved baby gone to preschool and the other one fussing away due to flu-induced crankiness I realize that my lack of blogging is completely validated. We have had sickness, work work work, callings, school starting, me starting running again, new schedules, ombudsman responsibilities and of course a pirate adventure or two. As long as the bed is made....right mom?

Please forgive the month long stint of "Slap Face" - though I still find it just as hilarious.

We are back....not that we ever went any where. My mind is always swimming in countless circles of what to do next and "blogging" always somehow near the top, but by 11:00 or so the land of blog has floated somehow to the bottom of the pile of things to do.

My life IS interesting enough to blog about and I have a wonderful life full of interesting adventures that will surely entertain so I welcome you all back with open arms!

Please enjoy excerpts from "Pirate Pizza Picnic" from two weeks ago complete with treasure hunt, skeletons, and chocolate gold coins. Having boys is exactly what I dreamed it would be...full of sports, monsters, pirates and dirt. Wouldn't change a thing.

On a side note - don't you think "Cookie" ( my darlingest most sweetest husband) makes a great pirate! Please keep his side life of piracy on the down low (i don't think the Coast Guard would approve).


4 comments:

MomM said...

I am so happy to be rid of "slap face"! On a daily basis it grew OLD! LOVE the pirate cuties! Keep the pics coming!

Heather said...

1. the new looks is a-mazing! 2. your life makes me excited to have boys! 3. Cookie is an excellent pirate name, but it makes me think he has to own a parrot and have it live on "cookie's" shoulder. 3. you are the coolest mom EVER! 4. Lincoln is looking so old!

Alicia said...

oh my gosh, will I ever be as cute a mom as you? You always think of the best and most adventurous things to do with your boys. Can I be like you when I grow up?

Rachel EM said...

the treasure chest actually ON a beach, hidden among the rocks?! Our treasure hunts always ended under a pine tree. So cool to have them seem authentic.

I love Grant's expression, and how much Lincoln loves his macho tattoos.

...but nothing is better than "Cookie" the pirate. What a perfect name!