Monday, May 12, 2008

Things about today....

Sometimes you have one of those days where it almost seems like you are two steps behind. Two happy and adventuresome steps, but still a bit behind. In the midst of my journey, adorable things happen everyday. Here is what today brought to me.

Lincoln taught his little brother how to make an elephant noise. A little baby whine while raising his arm is such a feat of cognizance and I loved it. He also yesterday and today picked up the sign language for cheese and bananas to add to his list of signs. He is really beyond cute!

Best Lincolnisms of the day. Lincoln recently saw The Great Mouse Detective for the first time. He promptly decided that he would go around the house looking for clues with his magnifying glass.

"You have to be sneaky meaky mom, because I am a batective."

After putting him to bed tonight I listened at the door as he talked to Kona reminding her that

"last night you left my room and that made me sad." I smiled thinking of what his little face must look like as he is carrying on a conversation with our dog.......because of course dogs listen to everything we say, especially little boys.

But my overall favorite part of the day was a moment at lunch. It was a particularly chilly morning and I was quite cold. I asked Lincoln if he felt cold, to which he replied no. I reached across to feel his bare toes to see if they were cold and they were perfectly warm. We chatted some more and when I reached over to pat him on the arm I realized how warm he really was so I put both my hands on his arms and told his he was sooooo warmy, to which he replied:

"Stop that mom......you're stealing my warm."

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness!!! Seriously! I LOVE that boy! My favorite was when he was talking to Kona! SOOO tender!!!

shelly said...

I love every single part of that post!

Rachel EM said...

"your stealing my warm" is up there with quotes like "Mom, Kenny won't brush his teeth" and "I dunno, let me check."

Mom and I have inducted the phrase into our vernacular. Thank you, Lincoln.

Alicia said...

way too cute! i love little moments like that. maybe i should be capturing more of those on my blog...hmmm